Donate to help with the research

Wednesday 9 May 2012

I have found...

I have come across some Howard of Bedford machinery for sale at http://www.prestonservices.co.uk or the
actual page is http://www.prestonservices.co.uk/bygones.html

one is a Howards hay flicker

HOWARD
Hay Turner
By James & Fredk Howard Ltd, Bedford.
Price: GBP £350.







the second is a Howards road grader number 294




HOWARD
Road Grader
No.294 by James & Fredk Howard Ltd, Bedford.
An unusually small, towable road grader.
Ideal for vintage demonstration purposes.
In very nice original condition, requiring only replacement wooden platform and seat.

SOLD


and thanks to this find I have been able to make what I think is a quite major breakthrough using the name 
"james and Fredk Howard Ltd" and found this website with more details than I have ever seen about J&F howard in one place its James and Frederick Howard there are some intresting photos and I will go through them and post some later bye.




An advert for J & F Howard




catalogue of Famous Howard ploughs



Howard Hay binder



Howard portable railway, anyone who has a model railway will know how this should fit together, you have the two sections of track and then you have a separate connection piece that slides over the ends of both of them.
Also note that the poster is of a different country most likely India but this could have been exported anywhere.

I would very much like to see a picture of this in situ/action


This is a leaflet for the shunting engine that I have previously posted, the bluebell railway may have one of these it is on their website but i don't know how regularly its updated



This is the plans/an engineering drawing for the Howard traction engine that I have previously posted





This is a Howard 5 ton steam wagon (confirming my suspicions that they produced vehicles at some point)



This is a Howard cultivator at a show in the late 90's





these are two photos of a Howards item, we don't know what it is but we think it has something to do with mining. can anyone please correct/confirm our thinking







I'm very exited tomorrow I'm going to see the gates of the Britannia Iron Works, plenty of pictures on the way.

keep on Howarding Cameron




No comments:

Post a Comment