Donate to help with the research

Sunday 22 April 2012

More George Fischer and Howards of Bedford...

From what information available using Google I understand that George Fischer are still in production of pipes that would have been cast at the Britannia ironworks when they ran production there, I assume they now have them made abroad and ship them in.

I am still looking for more clues about Howards the only information of them which is easy to access it at the Wikipedia page provided although I believe that they were also making Steam/Traction Engines here is a photo of a 1874 Howard Patent Traction Engine Ploughing Windlass



and this is a picture of a ENGINEERING 1874 HOWARD PATENT DOUBLE GEAR PLOUGHING WINDLASS




this is a picture of a "Howards Champion Plough" and i found it HERE



HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE ENGINEERING 1874 HOWARD PATENT DOUBLE GEAR PLOUGHING WINDLASS WORKING IN THE FIELDS found HERE



here is Howards steam ploughing and cultivating Apparatus


Howards Patent Champion plough


Howards Patent haymaking machine



Howards patent horse rake

all found HERE



I know how huge Howards were because They deported abroad to places like Australia and even made ploughs bespoke to those markets (essentially so wheels and stuff aren't interchangeable between continents)


I'm going to check on Picasa web albums for any pictures to put out to everyone.

there are no pictures of Howards ploughs on picasa
 
 
Pictures/scans of Howards Machinery/Brochures ect are near impossible to find so if you have any sitting in your cupboards at home please send them to cameron94.bater@gmail.com if you don't want/need them anymore I will willingly except donations again contact me at my email and we can talk. PLEASE NO SPAMMING.

1 comment:

  1. Most Fascinating, just wish I could read all the plough components - needed for a project.

    P. Phillips

    ReplyDelete