Donate to help with the research

Sunday 14 October 2012

Email from Ron, Pictures

Hi Howardees,

I have had a new email from Ron, basicly he is saying here are some pictures he goes on to explain ech picture. Here is the email.


Hi Cameron, I was rummaging thru some of my Howard info and was not sure if you had these pics. If you have no problem, if not they may be of interest.
The Howard colonist pic is from the book "Chandeliers and Billy Tea" and was the one I ID'd my plough from originally and an early Howard 1879 add - this I got from the Trove site. There are a number of similar adds in early Aust papers.
The other pic is of my two furrow Howard plough that I got at auction recently. This is a remarkable find and is possibly one of the rarest ploughs in existence in Australia at this time. It is obviously a later model than mine but still has the exact same frame and wheels and is still made of wrought iron. I will use bits from this to fully restore my other plough with 100% original parts and make up another 3 wheeled plough with 90% parts - this one I will put up for sale eventually.
I think I told you I had stripped my plough and have had it sand blasted and primed. Re-assembly will proceed as time permits.
Cheers
Ron

Here are the pictures.




That is all for now.
BYE
Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment