Donate to help with the research

Friday 23 December 2011

Update

Hi , I have a further update to this one. That is that I have found and been given a rear axle complete with a Howard 24" wheel off a 2 furrow mouldboard plough - this axle, with brackets, is identical to the one on my plough and the Howard wheel confirms without doubt the plough is a Howard.

Thus I now have one 24" Howard rear wheel and am now short of a match to that plus an 18" front wheel.

My only other point that needs confirmation is the dates my plough was made. It is very similar to early 1880s ploughs made in South Australia - in particular the Whitaker and Dixon ploughs. Some of those however are made from steel whereas mine is made from wrought iron.

All the best for the festive season

Regards


I have recived another email on our howards of bedford matter.

I will bring you copys of the emails as I get them and any other information I get will be put up also

No comments:

Post a Comment